CZ 452 American .22 LR Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Pactac's review of CZ 452 American .22 LR

“I had never even heard of the CZ line of .22 rifles. ...”

Written on: 09/02/2008 by Pactac (1 review written)

Best out of the box accuracy I have ever had with a .22 rifle.

Feels right and is rock solid when using a tree for support when hunting squirrels.

Backwards safety takes some getting use to. I got use to it very quickly though.

General Comments
I had never even heard of the CZ line of .22 rifles. I was looking for a bolt action .22 and searched the internet for reviews, comments or anything I could find. The only bad things I read were about the backwards safety and bad trigger pull. When I bought mine I had the trigger tested to see where it was breaking at. It broke cleanly at 2 1/4 pounds out of the box.

I took the new rifle to the range and at 25 yards I had a 5 shot hole. I have never had a .22 do that before. I don't shoot competitively just hunt small game so I was impressed. At 50 yards my 5 shot group was well within the size of a squirrel's head without having to adjust the sights.. At 100 yards my 5 shot group opened up to about an inch and a half but that could have very well been me. It was also about 6 inches low without changing the sights.

My friend is a former SWAT sniper and I asked him to give it a try at 50 yards. He had 4 shots in 1 ragged hole and the 5th missed the ragged hole by about 1/2 inch. This was while shooting across the seat of a 4 wheeler without sand bags or aids to keep the rifle steady. How could anyone complain about that?

Sighted in at 25 yards I will not hesitate to shoot at small game out to 50 yards. If I miss it is because of me not the rifle. Overall I could not ask for a better small game rifle.

• Accuracy