Kodak EasyShare EX1011 Review

Guest's review of Kodak EasyShare EX1011

Kodak EasyShare EX1011

“My big problem is the .mov files from the panasonic...”

Written on: 02/02/2008

The pictures look great!

The timer is a good idea, but needs a control on which directories will be shown and to restart from where it left off.

Changed the size and compression and have over 7000 pictures that take up less than 1 gb on sd card. Needs to be in directories for some reason.

wifi works, at least when wep is not activated. I will try again.

I like the small remote, however, it needs more buttons on the frame for the directories if you forget to bring along the remote.

I like the way that the unit can be portrait or landscape.

The all black frame is not attractive, I might add some plastic tape around the picture. Adding frames to the picture itself takes too much time.

Works with jpg and movies from canon a70 but
NOT WITH MOV FILES FROM PANASONIC TZ1

No switch to turn off the sound. [workaround is to plug in a dummy plug in the earphone spot.

The good part is it will take any memory system, the pad is the thumbdrive usb connection takes a short wire and sticks out.

General Comments
My big problem is the .mov files from the panasonic that freeze.

I tried converting them with [MP4Cam2AVI_v2.71] which imakes files that can be edited but no luck on the frame. Reducing the size with batch processer [Fotosizer.exe] allows virtually unlimited photos on a 2 gb card. The bulk rename utility [Bulk Rename Utility.exe] really comes in handy too. The above probrams are free and not crippled.

I do think it could use a better slide show like gphotoshow [not free but cheap] They should look at this program to see just what can be done Especially to frame the pictures and fill the black space with a coordinated colour. [and play mov files from my camera!] Also it will continue from where it left off.

All in all I like it, however there is still room to improve it.

• Just right size

Screen Size

• Mp3 is the way to go but will not be used with the

Extra Features

The Sandman's Comment

Written on: 05/08/2008

I actually agree with the overall review, but I disagree with the comment about needing a switch to turn off sound since there is a [Mute] button at the bottom of the remote control.

Photophil's Comment

Written on: 30/01/2009

Interested in the bulk resizing comment. I have found that QuickCaption from www.quicksoftware.co.uk to be indespensible as it also does bulk resizing and captioning of photos whilst preserving EXIF data which I have found an invaluable timesaver.