Clan Crusader Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

PoloPete's review of Clan Crusader

“I had a 1972 Clan Crusader for around a year and...”

Written on: 30/01/2008 by PoloPete (37 reviews written)

Sound in my opinion beats performance. Dont get me wrong, its quick, infact very quick. But the sound of the car, in my opinion anyway, beats almost any kit car I have tried and tested.
Unfortunatly I sold this on quite soon after I had one, and have not yet been able to get hold of one that was in such good condition of mine. Which leads me onto my bad points...

The Clan Crusader for me, was simply built to be so light that they didnt focus enough of making sure that the Crusader wouldnt fall to bits after a good rag around.
The colours as far as I am aware are very limited as I have only ever been able to see one in the same bog standerd red. Infact this goes along with all attributes of the car, I remember finding it impossible to get hold of certain parts as I wanted to modify my kit car.

General Comments
I had a 1972 Clan Crusader for around a year and thinking about it now I regret ever selling it. The sound of the kit car, as far as I remember betters any I've heard. Obviously being a kit car it would be fast and fast it was but if I am honest for the time there were quicker and more poweful cars around for around the same price. Possibly better made too, but for me personally the rawness of the car exceeds any I've driven.
Would do anything to get my hands on one now but I doubt that is going to have one, so in other words I do recommend this kit car to anyone but unless its just me, you wont be able to find one that it actually trust - worthy enough to buy!

• 1972

Year Manufactured