Mauser HSc Review

From 1 review

1instructor's review of Mauser HSc

“I really like the design and appearance of the HSc. It...”

Written on: 27/01/2008 by 1instructor (1 review written)

Mauser HSc - produced in early 1970's. In excellent condition; handgrips and metal in fine shape; very comfortable grip (big hands); safety operates smoothly; easy slide movement; no 'tang' to catch on clothes; compact; like trigger pull; heavy and controls well; strong and quality German made. Accurate.

Large hands beware of hammer 'pinch' upon firing - easy to avoid thru awareness. Still to be determined is cause of several 'failures to eject' during shooting about 170 rounds. I suspect this was my fault in not holding handgun with a stronger grip - will shoot again this week.

General Comments
I really like the design and appearance of the HSc. It is accurate, strong and to me , a worthy collector's item for a handgun with war history. I like the .380 cal and this pistol shoots the ammo comfortably. The well -made wooden grips add a touch of class to this handgun. Also, the mags insert solidly and smoothly.