123Greetings.com www.123greetings.com Review

LTG1's review of 123Greetings.com www.123greetings.com

☆☆☆☆☆

“123Greetings.com advertise for free cards which...”

Written on: 15/01/2008 by LTG1 (1 review written)

Free Cards

General Comments
123Greetings.com advertise for free cards which appealed to me however once I explored more I became to realise that in my opinion they advertise to much. Advertisements are all over the place! I personally recieved all kinds of spam, received once you give them your e-mail address.

Steveanderson's Response to 333125_LTG1's Review

Written on: 25/01/2008

Hi,
<br/>
<br/>I'm Steve Anderson, the PR official for 123Greetings. Thank you for reviewing our site. I understand your concern regarding the pop ups.
<br/>
<br/>Because all of our 20,000 cards are free, our business model requires that we generate revenue through the use of pop-up/pop-under advertising. Eventually our pop-up ads will go the way of other technologies that are no longer useful, but at this time they are the only way we can employ the people to make the cards in order to give them away free.
<br/>
<br/>Meanwhile, as you find these pop-ups irritating, I suggest that you to use the software of your choice to block the pop-ups and make your card sending experience more enjoyable. I personally use the google toolbar (http://toolbar.google.com/) for effectively blocking such pop-up ads whenever I am surfing the net.
<br/>
<br/>I can also assure you that we are not spammers. When you send a card from 123greetings.com, before sending, you have the option of not subscribing to these offers. If you did not opt out, you will receive the 123Greetings newsletter, special offers and notifications on any new features of the web site. We comply with all guidelines laid down in the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
<br/>
<br/>The information you entered resides with 123Greetings.com and is not disclosed to third parties. Your email address is not shared or sold to sponsors without your consent. You can unsubscribe yourself by entering your email address at http://www.123greetings.com/offers/.
<br/>
<br/>I hope that this solution works for you and I look forward to having you on our site more often. If I can be of any further service to you, by all means, please email me at your convenience.
<br/>Thank you,