Mapex Saturn Pro Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Guest's review of Mapex Saturn Pro

Mapex Saturn Pro

“I bought this kit for my studio and I'm glad I did....”

Written on: 14/01/2008

I bought this kit for my studio and I'm glad I did. The tuning possibilities are endless! I generally spend time with the drummer before the recording date to find out how he wants to sound etc. Nine times out of ten they choose my Mapex Saturn Pro's, and leave their drum kits in the car. To me, It's all about the tone! This set can do anything! The bottom line is, you would have to buy 2 or 3 different sets in order to get the versatility of this one Saturn! I like everything about this kit.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard

Benage13's Comment

Written on: 24/02/2013

The Saturn Kit is Pro kit that sounds & looks wonderful, The price is unbelievable for the quality you receive, more that half the price of a DW kit . The Maple/Walnut combo is a rich deep warm & loud sound, This is no jazz kit for the most part,, If your looking for a smoking deal with quality & a rock sound, road ready with a finish that looks over the top, you should not over look this kit. In my opinion after months of looking & listening, Mapex Saturn is the best bang for your buck on a new kit for a rock kit hands down! Save the extra money on some cymbals or stands...