Land of Leather www.landofleather.co.uk Review

fpj1971's review of Land of Leather www.landofleather.co.uk

“I purchased a 3 2 sofa deal from Land of Leather...”

Written on: 13/01/2008 by fpj1971 (1 review written)

Prompt efficient service

Varied range, but not as extensive as some rivals

General Comments
I purchased a 3 2 sofa deal from Land of Leather Belfast on 30th Dec. 07. I had spent the whole Sunday afternoon wandering around various Belfast furniture shops with my mother while she found something she wanted. Eventually we returned back to Land of Leather as my mother had eventually made up her mind and went back to one of the first sofas she seen - it was in stock and her other choice had a delivery time of 12-14 weeks. (typical woman, but that is another story !)

I duly paid the assistant and rather than pay £69 delivery said that I would arrange collection myself and was given the warehouse number to ring to arrange a suitable time. I arranged to pick it up the following Friday (with my mate and his van) - it was a very snowy day, so we didn't really hang about in getting it loaded onto the van. It was only as we unloaded it at my mothers that we noticed a small tear on the protective packaging (looked like it had been done by the forklift when it was being loaded as there was some oil around the tear.)

So we unwrapped and inspected everything and found a 3-4 inch long scrape on the sofa where the hole had been - but it was in a place that was not easily seen, and my mother was in two minds or not whether or not to even get it fixed.

I said I'd contact them anyway.. and it was here were I was impressed with their service. I emailed via their website about the damage, and was not expecting to hear for a few days, so I was very surprised to get a phone call about an hour later from the Belfast store saying that he had received my complaint and would be in touch with their upholsterer who would contact me in a few days to arrange a visit.

Lo and behold about another hour later the upholsterer rang to arrange his appointment - which was for the following Thursday at 2pm. He checked numbers and my mothers address - I asked could he phone me when he was on his way to visit as my mother probably wouldn't answer a strange phone number. Promptly at 1.30pm on the Thurs he phoned and said he would be there in less than half an hour.

My mother phoned my about an hour later to say job done, that the man was very pleasant and the sofa was fixed and looking well.

So heres a good review for Land of Leather and the prompt and courteous way they handled my complaint.

would I use them again?... well I would have a look anyway.
What's the quality like?... well my mother likes it and it hasn't fallen apart over the last 2 weeks.
Will it last?.... I don't know, but we'll comment on that if and when the time comes.
..and no I don't work for them, neither does my wife / sister / friend.. in fact no-one I know does - this is just a plain honest account of my experience with this company

• 3 & 2 Sofa Deal - £900