Gretsch Country Gentleman Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Chris Shaw's review of Gretsch Country Gentleman

Gretsch Country Gentleman

“I have dreamed of owning a Gretsch Country Gentleman...”

Written on: 12/01/2008 by Chris Shaw (1 review written)

I have dreamed of owning a Gretsch Country Gentleman Electric Guitar since about 1963 when I was 16, and playing in a 3rd rate group. I bought a 1967 model from Texas last year, and I haven't got a bad word to say about it. This is really a sensational guitar and the age seems to have developed the tone and the quality oozes from it. It was treasured by it's previous owner from new, and it's the best thing I own. Just going over what I have already said, I used to stand outside a well known guitar shop in Manchester in the early 60's just looking at Gretsch guitars. but I never got to play one till mine arrived from Texas. It was being sold by the son of the owner who had passed away, and he had treasured it since having it new in 1967. All I can now say, is although I am a lousy guitarist, even I can get sweet sounds from this in my old age.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Intermediate

Reviewer's Musical Standard