Weihrauch HW95 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

paul m22's review of Weihrauch HW95

“I purchased a springer as an alternative to my...”

Written on: 12/01/2008 by paul m22 (1 review written)

Light weight, how silencer,sleek design.

General Comments
I purchased a springer as an alternative to my soulless pre charged air rifle..after reading all the good reviews on here about the hw97k, i managed to find a mint second hand 97k in a good gun shop, but i found the 97k so disappointing, it was way too heavy and way too loud...the shop had given me 7 days trial so i took it back, still wanting a springer..and purchased the new screw cut weihrauch 95k with the new hw silencer, The 95k is a much better gun in my opinion.. it is just the right weight, you don't want a spring gun too light .The hw silencer does an excellent job..the 95k is very quiet for a spring gun..not near pre charged quietness but very good. i prefer the break barrel design..it feels like a good old air gun solid and neat..the stock is sleek and pretty traditional but i really like that. I am also partial to a left handed shot if i,m stalking and my prey is on the wrong side of my shielding tree and the 95k's design is perfect for this..i don't want to worry about a fashionable trendy stock..once you are out hunting a flashy stock isn't going to make you more success full..the 95k feels like a real no nonsense hunting tool, and not just a finicky target competition focused gun.The 95k will last me years it is so well made, i,m looking forward to summer evenings with just a pocket full of pellets and no technicality to spoil it.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Kenbu's Response to paul m22's Review

Written on: 28/04/2008

I agree with this review because...I myself have two HW95k`s one is 10 years old and the newer one is a screw-cut model.You couldn`t wish for a more solid and practical springer air-rifle.

Hatman1963's Response to paul m22's Review

Written on: 23/01/2011

I found this review very helpful because...I am looking one my self, i have had the hw35,77,97,80 some time ago,all very good guns,butjust to loud and heavy,...to my s400 air arms carbine 177 which is very light because i have made it so due to my bad arm so it has to be light and do a good job,like my s400 and i will not need my diving bottle all the time,when i have no air. I do rembber i had my best kills with a HW.80 17 rabbit,so i no what they can do so on that note i will have a drive down to my local gun shop in hull buy my new HW.95

Dave Ferguson's Response to paul m22's Review

Written on: 31/01/2009

how do fella's, any idea how to replace yhe main spring (DIY) ?