H &N Field & Target Trophy Review

thumper's review of H &N Field and Target Trophy

“I have a BSA Lightning which is dead picky for...”

Written on: 02/11/2003 by thumper (19 reviews written)

An all round domed pellet which has won uncountable competitions both amateur and professional.

Havent found any yet.

General Comments
I have a BSA Lightning which is dead picky for pellets, the only ones really suiting it up till I tried these H &N Field and Target Trophy were the Crosman range, but I was getting fed up with all the barrel cleaning involved in using them due to the dirt and swarfe that comes with them, my friend told me to try these FTT pellets as they fit BSA barrels perfectly as the head on them is 5.5 mm in diameter, BSA barrels are now imported from Spain via Gamo and are all exactly 5.5 mm, remember that when you are pellet testing as it cuts out a lot of time and money.

I can put my hand on my heart and say that they will shoot perfectly every time (at least in my gun) if I shoot right.

They cost me £5.80 for 500, the ones I use are .22 and they weigh a very consistent 15.58 grains and are smooth from head to skirt, I would definately recommend these for testing.

I also think they are lubed in some shape or form at the factory as my fingers were slightly oily after shooting a lot of them, can anyone confirm or deny this? info will be gladly recieved.

Murrayfintheuk's Response to thumper's Review

Written on: 07/02/2004

every person who owns a BSA lightning should try these pelletsboth myself and my friend recently bought lightnings ... zeroed in our scopes with accupells then fired off 20 h+n field + trophys
<br>The grouping was incredible punching a bull out a target .... get them now.
<br>If you live in uk go to uttings.com
<br> cheers
<br> Murray

Rugbypete's Response to thumper's Review

Written on: 13/06/2007

They don't crush at all, so can bounce off hard targets.I fired at a tree and they were going all over the place bouncing off
<br/>I think its because they have a low profile, stubby. They are accurate though, 8/10 shots go on form.
<br/>
<br/>Gonna give something like the air arms field or accupel a shot, see how I get on.
<br/>
<br/>Got a free tub of the logun copies to try (tin and lead) so will see how I get on with those

Deadeyedick's Response to thumper's Review

Written on: 27/07/2006

I use the Field Target Trophy&#039;s but the sticker is green, I think they&#039;re the same pellet :P
<br/>
<br/>I find them to be great out of my S410 and Crosman powerpell are great too. just wish I didnt have to clean my gun so often :(

Hellequin's Response to thumper's Review

Written on: 26/04/2006

Have to agree, I have a Lightning XL in .177 and the FTT's are miles better than the "accupels" I got with the gun. More predictable, better penetration and most importantly, tighter groups!

176891_Bombom101's Response to thumper's Review

Written on: 08/03/2006

i dont think they are imported from spain, BSA and Gamo are just woking together and BSA take gamo weapons from spain with them being shipped

Canuckclaret's Response to thumper's Review

Written on: 22/04/2005

Agreed. Bought these the same time as my Webley Xocet carbine - the groupings I have been getting are tremendous, and I managed to punch clean through the "Thomson Local" from 15yds with 3 well placed shots. 500 @ £5.99 from Blackpool Air Rifles, 5.53mm on the tin. Buy these!

Neilm's Response to thumper's Review

Written on: 11/02/2004

Can't agree more. I use two main types through my lightning:- H&N Field Target Trophy, and Air Arms Diabolo. Both are just as accurate as each other but I much prefer the H&N for live targets as they are heavier and more crush resistant than the Air Arms! GOOD FOR THOSE TOUGH SKINNED TREE RATS!!! I also find HOLLOW POINTS fly well when i'm ratting as well. for this I use RWS or ELEY.