Deepak Chopra The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success Review

From 1 review

sabinab's review of Deepak Chopra The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success

Deepak Chopra The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success

“Although small in size this book speaks volumes....”

Written on: 01/11/2003 by sabinab (3 reviews written)

Enlightening, Accessible, Uplifting

None

General Comments
Although small in size this book speaks volumes. Whilst easy to read and very accessible the content is profound and begs to be read and reread.

I first came across this book a number of years ago when a friend was reading it they extolled its virtues and I gave a borrowed version a quick read. I thought it was very good and tried to adopt its principals but since I didn't own a copy it became quite difficult. More than a book The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success is really a companion to be constantly consulted and cherished.

You might ask why I didn't purchase a copy if I thought it was so good. Well I suppose I felt I couldn't justify paying for something I had already read. I did however give it as a gift to friends.

Over the intervening years I have become something of a Chopra fan and have bought and read many of his books (which I intend to review in turn and in time) Every time I went into a store to buy another Chopra book I would look at 'The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success' say to myself I'd like to own that but then purchase a book that I hadn't already read.

Finally I recently saw sense and bought myself my very own copy that I treasure deeply.

As far as I am aware the book only comes in hardback and is well worth the extra money since a paperback version would never survive the multiple readings.

Basically there is an introduction and then the book cuts straight to the chase with each of the ensuing seven chapters dealing with one of the laws of success.

There is a cover page for each chapter that states the law and gives a brief explanation. Next there are some relevant quotes from such people as The Mundak Upanishad and Swami Vivekananda. Then Deepak Chopra gives a detailed and lucid discourse on each law. Finally each chapter culminates in suggested ways in which you can apply each law to your own life.

Overall the book is spiritual, enlightening, uplifting and immensely practical which in my opinion is quite an achievement.

This book could also be called The Seven Spiritual Laws of Life and should be seen as a practical guide to the fulfillment of your dreams.

The seven laws are

The law of pure potentiality

The law of giving

The law of Karma or cause and effect

The law of least effort

The law of intention and desire

The law of detachment

The law of Dharma or purpose in life

to find out more you'll have to read the book.

I would suggest reading the book from cover to cover first and then reading and living with one chapter/law for a day at a time.

Whilst not everybody's 'cup of tea' The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success' will be 'nectar' to others.