Snooper Strabo UK & Ireland Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

riker's review of Snooper Strabo UK & Ireland

Snooper Strabo UK & Ireland

“This is my first satnav which I had as a Christmas...”

Written on: 05/01/2008 by riker (77 reviews written)

Inbuilt antenna, rechargeable battery - completely portable, easy to set up out of the box, unlimited speed camera updates offer, instantly chooses alternative route if you go wrong, mp3 player ability.

No indication when charging/fully charged if unit is switched off, the serial number is on the box - not made clear - and you will need it to register for updates. Tried it out on my favorite routes and it insisted on putting me on B roads when the A road was obviously a better route. It doesn't always recognize mini roundabouts

General Comments
This is my first satnav which I had as a Christmas present. It is very easy to use and easy to see when placed on the windscreen cradle. It can also be carried with you to find a location on foot in a large city, for example. I have used it to travel to museums which it recognized under Place of Interest. It has a full postcode search as well as find by city. It also warns of speed camera locations and schools (option). I think it is very good for someone traveling alone on unfamiliar roads. I haven't used the MP3 player as you have to remove the SD card which contains the mapping information.

• UK

Area Covered

• MP3 player

What extra features are on this model?

• Clarity of Instructions