Tom Tom Go 510 Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Zannie's review of Tom Tom Go 510

Tom Tom Go 510

“Originally I bought Tom Tom One from Currys - It was...”

Written on: 05/01/2008 by Zannie (2 reviews written)

When it works the software is excellent easy to use. unlike tom tom one you can just type in name of town and suburb and it was navigate to the center. You can navigate from Post Codes or addresses.

Poor Design, Reset Button hard to use, Software Poor,Keeps developing faults

General Comments
Originally I bought Tom Tom One from Currys - It was fine when it worked but within 3 weeks had failed 7 times and despite resetting the screen went totally blank. Curry were very good and gave a full refund.
Thinking to upgrade I bought the 510. Design is appalling too heavy for the support - the thing just droops and no way of tightening it. In hot sun it actually falls off.
I tried to use tom tom customer care website but did not get a satisfactory response.
Next it kept losing battery - which was because the unit was not charging correctly. when this was sorted out the memory failed and now all the maps etc have disappeared,.
Have tried to use the software to reload it but keep getting error message and the customer care of Tom Tom is very poor - they have a lot of standard questions but if your question is not standard the response is by email or in my case they did not reply at all - several occasions
I have looked at reviews of Tom Tom Sat Navs and I think that generally it is very sound idea with great design but if you un lucky to get a faulty one.
Having bought 2 Tom Toms that failed I would never recommend them to any one although I am sure that when they work they are great.

• Tom Tom 510