Motley Fool Finance Calculator www.fool.com Review

• Ease of use

• Accuracy

Guest's review of Motley Fool Finance Calculator www.fool.com

“I generally use at least one of the models contained...”

Written on: 01/01/2008

This is the best online calculator I have found for retirement planning. It takes a comprehensive approach and requires the user to make some tough assumptions about how much retirement income they will need and how they intend to get it. The charts and help sections are very good.
I also used the model for home financing before purchasing my current house to make sure that I did not get into any overstretched position

It can get frustrating if you do not have the information available to fill-out the form or have not thought through the entire process. Try to look upon it as some questions you need to answer before proceeding. It has saved me a bundle over time.

General Comments
I generally use at least one of the models contained in the Motley Fool Finance Calculator before making any large financial move such as purchasing property or and auto. The models give quick and easy insight into what you can expect in the way of payments and other fees. I run the retirement calculator at least twice a year to determine if I need to adjust my savings rates.

• Ease of use

• Accuracy