DigiFusion FVRT100 Review

jonmac's review of DigiFusion FVRT100

DigiFusion FVRT100

“I bought my "box" as a refurbished item just to...”

Written on: 30/12/2007 by jonmac (1 review written)

Very easy to use.

Bad design from ventilation aspect.

General Comments
I bought my "box" as a refurbished item just to evaluate a new technology at a cheap price, then if I thought it worthwhile I would buy a more up-market one... It worked fine for a couple of days and I was very pleased with it until it froze, this was overcome by switching it off and on again. However after a few days of this continually happening I decided to open up the box to have a look (I am a competant electrical techo)... I realised that there was a possible heat problem with the hard drive so installed some heatsink material squashed between the hard drive and the outer case. I also strapped the power supply to the metalsupport of the television stand to dissapate some of its heat. The unit has now been working fine for the last 9 months without any further problems... I still have it because I like it and don't feel like parting with it as previously planned. Hope this helps someone with similar symptoms.

• 6 - 12 Months

Time DVR Owned

Colluder's Response to jonmac's Review

Written on: 15/12/2009

I found this review very helpful because...
<br/>
<br/>It gives a simple fix for a common problem with this product; I was going to pass up on this product but might give it a try now. If I do go ahead I will probably rip it apart and put the recommended heat sink on top of the hard drive straight away.