Tom Tom One Review

• Map Accuracy

johngun1's review of Tom Tom One

☆☆☆☆☆
Tom Tom One

“I've had a Tom Tom One 3rd Edition for 6 weeks now and...”

Written on: 21/12/2007 by johngun1 (1 review written)

Nothing that makes it stand apart from the competition.

Not fit for purpose.

General Comments
I've had a Tom Tom One 3rd Edition for 6 weeks now and so far it has gotten lost on 22 out of 25 trips. By gotten lost I mean trying to go in completely the wrong direction. It has taken me off the M1 at Milton Keynes just to bring me back on at the same junction. It has directed me south on the M40 instead of north.
All in all I wouldn't buy another if they were the last sat nav on the market. I've used maps for 30 years and never been lost so many times as since I started using this. I will be returning the Tom Tom to the supplier as its not fit for purpose.

Prospective buyers, save your money, fuel and time, buy a map book and study it before you head off. You've at least as good a chance of getting to your destination.

• Inaccurate

Area Covered

• None

What extra features are on this model?

• Clarity of Instructions

Bobtech's Response to johngun1's Review

Written on: 28/01/2008

I found this review unhelpful because... I find it hard to believe that if the UK Tomtom One units were all that bad, there would be no positive user reviews. My Australian one consistently finds good routes so I'd suspect the UK mapping database which Tomtom uses, not the unit itself, of being faulty.