Ford Ka Millenium LTD Edition Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

KaDriver.'s review of Ford Ka Millenium LTD Edition

“I had driven most of the small cars available and went...”

Written on: 19/09/2001 by KaDriver. (1 review written)

Cheap, funky looks, outstanding handling, ride, steering, gears.

Seat and driving position not very well designed for tall people. Would like more power to match the chassis.

General Comments
I had driven most of the small cars available and went to try a Saxo, but this was sitting in the Citroen showroom, so I gave it a go. I instantly "clicked" with this car. To drive round town, it's a dream. Nippy, with great power steering, wonderful handling, and slick gearchange- it is the closest thing you can get to a go-kart. Very few toys on it- power steering is about all you get on my base model.

Although the car is happy at over 70 on the motorway thanks to being a current model (96-01) Fiesta in disguise, I am not sure about the driving comfort on long journeys.

Insurance is group 2, I get 35mpg doing only urban motoring and there's not a lot to go wrong. If you are like me and do a 5 mile urban commute, it's perfect. Would probably also suit new drivers, students etc.

Only problem to date was the rear wiper- a tarnished connection was fixed under warranty by Ford.

Personally, I would love this car to have a decent 1.4 100 bhp engine- it would be the perfect hot hatch.

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Jenno.'s Response to 4241_KaDriver.'s Review

Written on: 14/12/2001

I think my ka's engine is fine with the right mods! K&N 751I airfilter, F.S.E power boost valve & a performance exchaust! Pushing around 90bhp!!! Quick KA! P.S The Turbo & Super chip is next!

44299_Jane Hudson.'s Response to 4241_KaDriver.'s Review

Written on: 16/10/2002

I have driven a Ka for the last 5mths and I think it's fab. Goes well on the motorway goes well on country lanes. I have had no problems with water leaks so far I have driven for my job Jeep - horrible tank of a thing. My Ka is far better drive and I think that I will stick with Ka as they are great. Mine is a hell of a good drive.

17245_Jim.'s Response to 4241_KaDriver.'s Review

Written on: 26/03/2002

I'm 6ft 2inches tall, and I've had a KA for four years. I can get a perfectly good straight-arm driving position. There is much more driver room in a KA than there is, for instance, in a BMW 316, and I'd far rather have a KA than one of those.

Chripher.'s Response to 4241_KaDriver.'s Review

Written on: 14/02/2002

This is a true un-biased review because, the car handles superb but the front wheel drive chasis lets it down, the car is a bit sluggish, with only 59bhp (my fridge freezer has more), the build of the car is typical Ford (looks well but not finished of to a very high standard, e.g. no sound proofing in the boot). The car seems to run forever on £10 of petrol, i have clocked it at nearly 45mpg.
<br>
<br>Over all the car does its job without doing anything outstanding, but is by far the best car in its class in my opinion.

/var/www/vhosts/phoenix/current/system/lib