Pentax EI 2000 Review

• Image Quality

Dennis.'s review of Pentax EI 2000

Pentax EI 2000

“Has proved to be a reasonable match for experienced...”

Written on: 18/09/2001 by Dennis. (1 review written)

SLR mode - what you see is what you photograph.
Handles very like SLR with twist on lens for zoom control. Aperature and other controls very similar to SLR.
Menu options allow for many more adjustments such as changing ISO to meet varying light conditions.
Good solid feel which helps keep camera steady when taking shots.
Handles all lighting conditions very well.
Good quality output.
Price - can now be bought for just over £200 - which is an absolute bargain.
Macro down to 2cm.

Some shots can be a little soft on focus.

General Comments
Has proved to be a reasonable match for experienced Canon EOS300 user.

Price last year was £500 plus. Can now be bought for just over £200 which is a lot of camera and functionality for little money.

Doesn't quite match up to current 3.3Mp cameras but for the price is better value.

Adapted a Nikon slide copier to fit Pentax lens and with macro down to 2cm is absolutely easy to copy slides extremely quickly and with good resolution.

Output using both HP Deskjet and Epson Stylus printers fools all into thinking normal photos which are of equal standard to those processed from the Canon EOS300.

• Image Quality

Ruli.'s Response to 4203_Dennis.'s Review

Written on: 20/10/2001

I'm really intrigued as to how you can say this camera can now (Oct 2001) be had for a little over £200... I'm thinking of buying this camera, but the cheapest I can find now is £365. If I could have it for around £200 I'd definitely be buying it! Please email me at ruli_manurung@yahoo.co.uk if you know where I can get one at this price. Cheers, Ruli

24899_Sandman.'s Response to 4203_Dennis.'s Review

Written on: 26/05/2002

I purchased this camera for my family, but like it so much that I shall keep it. As the reviewer comments, it handles just like a true SLR. The results overall are excellent, and I prefer it to my other digital camera which has a higher resolution.If the camera had a greater megapixel rating, I think it would have been a truly exceptional camera.

5352_Dennis.'s Response to 4203_Dennis.'s Review

Written on: 30/10/2001

Okay guys,
<br>
<br>I hold up my hand on this one. I was spoofed by the PC mag adverts by technomatic.co.uk. They have a picture of the HP C912 (which is the Pentax EI2000) with a price against the picture of £258.99. This is actually the price of the HP C315 (which is the Pentax EI200) which is shown further up in the same ad. I guess I fell for their advertising gimmick and next time I'll make sure I have my reading glasses on. I have checked their website and the HP C912 is going for £375. Still not bad for a camera that started out at £699.99!!
<br>
<br>I'll see if I can download a photo from the camera for this website. Have to get the other half's okay first though.
<br>Regards Dennis

5229_Tim.'s Response to 4203_Dennis.'s Review

Written on: 26/10/2001

I agree with most of the comments yes the images can be a bit soft, I rate them 8/10. Overall 9/10. Like Ruli best I could find was £343 & I'm pleased with it.