Grey Goose Review

Elricardo's review of Grey Goose

Grey Goose

“I stumbled across this drink on holiday in September...”

Written on: 17/12/2007 by Elricardo (20 reviews written)

Clean crisp taste.
Excellent mixer.

Price.

General Comments
I stumbled across this drink on holiday in September and was really impressed. I'm no vodka aficionado, but on being served this stuff I noticed a sweetness to it unusual to Vodka's.

Its hard to describe but Gray Goose sort of makes a Vodka and diet Coke taste like Vodka and regular coke. It really makes, what I think is a beer drinkers cop out drink, into something you might start on and then stay on all night.

I bought a bottle recently and thought the true acid test would be to try some neat. It still tasted really nice, really clean and crisp. I'm sure the makers claim some spurious capture of melted Alp snow through innovative quadruple filtering etc etc.

Whatever the case, its the best Vodka I've tasted by miles, and I was a student for 4years so I've tried a few.

The price, as ever, is the price. Gray Goose clearly sits quite high in the pecking order and a bottle will set you back 25-30 pounds. Its quite an ask, but once you've tried it, you probably won't want to drink anything else.