Tom Tom Go 510 Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

lollop's review of Tom Tom Go 510

Tom Tom Go 510

“Very pleased with my TomTom. I've had mine for...”

Written on: 16/12/2007 by lollop (1 review written)

Very easy to use, clear directions and clear, easy to read display, good quick automatic re-routing if you miss a turn,etc

Bulky to carry round when you leave the car. The windscreen mount has broken twice in one year (but TomTom support have always replaced it free within a few days).

General Comments
Very pleased with my TomTom. I've had mine for exactly a year now and it's always been extremely helpful in getting me where I want to go. Everyone always whinges on about getting sent down dirt tracks - I drive 35,000 miles a year and it's only sent me down one, which was very slightly unsuitable.

The map was up to date when I got it a year ago... in all my journeys, it's only missed off one roundabout (which was only built a few months ago) and tried to send me down a pedestrian route (which was only pedestrianised a few months ago), but can't complain about this at all - what do people expect? It's not pyschic! I'm sure I could get it updated but if you use a bit of common sense, you can easily work out where you're supposed to go, so have never bothered.

Have seen a few comments about the windscreen mount falling off or drooping down - in a years use, mine has never fallen off once. It has lowered down a few times but this was only when we had a heatwave and the fluid in the joint was red hot. For the other 51 weeks of the year in England, it's never drooped down at all. However, twice this year, the plastic sucker has snapped off (both times when I left it in the car on an icy night). I phoned TomTom and they sent out a replacement within a few days, free of charge both times.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the TomTom and would definitely recommend it. It's very simple to operate, the touchscreen is very easy to use and the displays big, clear and well laid out.

• UK