Samsung RS265LBBP Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Joanie's review of Samsung RS265LBBP

“I had a magnet on the fridge as I usually do, and to...”

Written on: 10/12/2007 by Joanie (1 review written)

The good points is the fact that it must be a quality product. It now makes Maytag refrigerators. So that sold us.

The bad point is the fact that we discovered that the smooth finish is not like other refrigerators...and is not metal.
It is a plastic film over metal. I removed a magnet and it left a mark. And wiping it off left scratches and took shine and left a dull finish where I rubbed.

General Comments
I had a magnet on the fridge as I usually do, and to prevent scratches, I had a piece of rubberized shelving liner under it.

When I removed the magnet to add something to my calendar, I was surprised that the piece of liner left an imprint. I could not rub it out with a non-abrassive cleaner. Instead it made marks, took out the color and discovered that the metal was underneath, and plastic was the top layer. So disappointing!

Not like other refrigerators we have had. This was not cheap, but a cheaply made product. It had all the bells and whistles with digital control panel, power freeze button, power cool, child lock button. And major features like: twin cooling system, multi-flow system, xtra space, door alarm, extra fresh, deodorizer, and cooling select zone.

But it doesn't have a metal outside finish like most refrigerators..

Samsung dont seem to be doing anything to correct this problem. And past 30 days to return to Lowe's.

For a side by side with ice and cold water dispenser....it is a bummer and greatly disappointing to us.

I will never buy another Samsung refigerator again...

I dont recommend this product...

Samsung has a long way to go!

• 1 - 6 months