Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening Review

Guest's review of Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“I can't really agree with some of the reviews and...”

Written on: 06/12/2007

- Gives you that pin-straight, Ziyi Zhang-like hair you've always wanted
- easy to manage
- soft and sily feel
- no more frizz and kinks! (if you choose the right stylist as this is a very tricky procedure to do)

- lasts from 4 months to a year depending on how thick and kinky your hair is
- can cause severe damage if the procedure is not done correctly
- too expensive outside of Asia

General Comments
I can't really agree with some of the reviews and comments here, but I can half-agree.

Because it really depends on the hairstylist and how much training he/she has had in Japanese Thermal Straightening. Always be sure to ask them about their experience, and always, ALWAYS research on this topic before going to any salon. JTS has got to be one of the most trickiest salon techniques to do out there.

I've had my hair TS'ed 4 times throughout my life. The first three was when I was till living in Japan (actually, on my second time I got it straightened in Hong Kong), and of course the results were always great.

But ever since I moved to the U.S., I had a hard time finding a good salon that did the procedure without having to pay $200 more.

So I went to this salon that did it for the same price that they do in Japan (about $120 = 12,000 yen).

At first it turned out great until I noticed something that I've never noticed before:

frizz and extreme breakage and loss of a lot of bangs!
After doing research I found out what the problem was:

the stylist put the solution way too close to my scalp, causing damage to my hair follicles.

JTS is a nice and actually safe thing to do, if you just to go the right salon. My best bet: Any salon in your local Chinatown, since many Asian stylists are already experts in this field.