IG.com Review

SteveNaive's review of IG.com

“Trading platform is nice at IG Index , easy to use and...”

Written on: 27/11/2007 by SteveNaive (4 reviews written)

Nice interface, no separate application to load, live charts. £500 margin buffer. Excellent 6 week introduction package that allows you to trade in small denominations starting at 10p/point.

Not very tight spreads and high deposit requirements. Charts update a tad slowly - about 1 tick behind the market price.

General Comments
Trading platform is nice at IG Index , easy to use and has a decent amount of products to trade. The one thing that bugs me the most is that I can only have one trade close window open at a time. Say I have 2 trades open, I could have one window open ready to close off and then after the screen has accepted my trade and has refreshed (which can take a while sometimes), I must then open the next trade box and close the trade. Normally this isn't too much of an issue so it's a little unfair to whine about it it too much, however when the market is moving fast it can be a pain.

In addition the trading platform can be problematic at times - I seem to get logged out frequently, even if I've only just been using the screen. The charts often close themselves down and updates of prices seem a little slow at times.

Despite mentioning a lot of problems the system is user friendly, fairly comprehensive, the people you deal with are reasonable, helpful and friendly.