Mossberg 835 Multi Mag-Pump Action Review

emichaud's review of Mossberg 835 Multi Mag-Pump Action

“My gun has given me a lot of reliable service and was...”

Written on: 25/11/2007 by emichaud (1 review written)

This is a good gun for the money. I am normally a Remington man, but when I bought my Mossberg 835, only Browning and Mossberg were making guns with 3.5 inch chambers. The Mossberg was half the price of the Browning. I hunt salt marsh for waterfowl and didn't want to be constantly worried about my gun, so I went with the Mossberg.

The action isn't as smooth as a more expensive gun, but you shouldn't expect it to be. Kept well lubed, it is entirely adequate.

General Comments
My gun has given me a lot of reliable service and was not expensive. Because it was so inexpensive, my day isn't ruined if the gun takes a dunk in the salt marsh. I hose it off, blow it out, drench it with WD-40, put it back together and I am ready to take it out the next time.

With the variety of shotguns availible today in the 3.5 inch chamber, I am not sure I would pick the Mossberg again. But I can't say I have been disappointed with the performance it has given me. This is a good gun for the money.