Ping G10 Review

puttone's review of Ping G10

Ping G10

“I like the high trajectory and the soft landing. I'm...”

Written on: 21/11/2007 by puttone (1 review written)

Very high loft. I was hitting Cleveland CG4s prior to buying these. I don't hit the G10s any further, but the ball gets there in the air instead of the air plus roll. For example, I hit a three iron 180 yards with both clubs. However, the G10s kept the ball in the air for almost the entire 180 yards, rather than having 15 yards of roll.

They are not miracle clubs. If you mis-hit this club, it acts just like any other club you mis-hit. If you blade it, it looks just like the ball got bladed! I thought maybe I would get more distance but I didn't.

General Comments
I like the high trajectory and the soft landing. I'm not able to spin the ball, but for those who can, it should be easy with this club. If I am hitting a short iron, the ball hits and stops. It makes no difference if you hit the green or not, the ball has very little or no roll. This is good because you can count on this happening with every shot. The look and feel of the club is no more impressive than the CG4s.....well, I think it maybe looks better. One other thing; I have played with the G5s but not alot. The difference I saw besides the loft was that I didn't get the vibration on mis-hits like with the G5s.