Tom Tom One Europe Review

• Map Accuracy

mb14's review of Tom Tom One Europe

Tom Tom One Europe

“Not recommended.”

Written on: 19/11/2007 by mb14 (3 reviews written)

In retrospect only one it's compact.

This list has grown since my last review. After using it for just over 5 months, I have concluded that it was a mistake purchasing a TOM TOM. Below are in addition to several issues pointed in my last review, It DOES NOT work in central London. It is in fact dangerous to be driving with this in central London, or places with lot of buildings around. It easily gets lost and starts giving incorrect instructions and recalculating routes when it's not required. I am not sure if this is the case with other brands, but this one for sure is a disaster. I am not sure if it is legal for tom tom to launch a product with such deficiencies. E.G a car in which the steering malfunctions on busy roads. Recently my car charger stopped working. I had purchased my tom tom from comet and since it's withing warranty I called up comet. I was asked to dial TOM TOM customer support first on . I tried reaching tom tom support and no one answered the call for over 10 minutes in 3 separate trials. This is when a voice kept telling me I was the 1st caller in the queue. Clearly there was no one to pick the calls. I noticed a minor point, once you select the destination it disappears from the screen. This is a deficiency as sometimes when you restart (or it gets restarted due to some reason), you are not sure if it is still taking you to the correct destination.

General Comments
Not recommended.

• europe

Area Covered

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

331665_Cartomtom's Response to mb14's Review

Written on: 17/12/2007

Sorry to hear your mishaps. I have been with my Tom tom one 2nd edition around the world . I have been in London NY Melbourne Sidney you name it even in JHB SA. No such things happened to me. It is vital that the user updates before going on the road. GpX fix etc. You got to do this otherwise you end up in very crazy situation. e.g GPS fix needs to be done once a week. WHY? Because all sats will have a different angle or change all the time to the point where the GPS is. So the Gps needs to know where the sats are. Right. Therefor an update is vital before you go on a trip. When you need support from TomTom they very friendly and very helpful. Do what they say . Send an email with your product id and bingo they will go out of their way to help you. Did you tell them about your mishaps in London via e-mail as this is requested?
<br/>I do not agree with your comments at all. I had only super results from my tomtom and cannot fail it.