The Glass House, Sidbury, Worcester Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Tom Viala's review of The Glass House, Sidbury, Worcester

“I did not want my "pheasant pudding starter" to end...”

Written on: 12/11/2007 by Tom Viala (1 review written)

I have now been to The Glasshouse several times in the last year or so since it opened and I am pleased to report it simply gets better every time. In truth whilst the food has always been good (with Shaun Hill at the helm it should be) the service hasn't always been great however improvements have clearly been made over the last twelve months and the experience we had there last Saturday was faultless.

Doesn't open on Sunday evening.

General Comments
I did not want my "pheasant pudding starter" to end and even asked for more bread to mop up the delicious gravy! My monkfish main was delicious and we all shared the "taste of Glasshouse puddings" a small piece of all the puds on the menu which is ideal for two or more to share. My dining companions were equally as complimentary and at around £35 per head with a couple of bottles of nice wine and coffees, it represents superb value (I've paid more in so called gastro pubs). We've also had the express menu for lunch in the past which is only £15 for two courses.
I have been surprised to read some bed reviews, they seem to mostly originate from the early days when the restaurant was finding its feet however this place deserves a second chance because if you're a foody like me you wouldn't want to miss out. Worcester needs the Glasshouse and I for one are happy to shout about it from the roof tops to help it succeed!
I like The Glasshouse for what it is, a stylish busy brasserie with a great atmosphere which isn't up itself or have any pretensions. The food is some of the best I have tasted, the wine list is interested, they have a great cocktail list and the staff are clearly passionate about the place. As far as I am concerned we are lucky to have it on our door step - try it or try it again!

• British

Food Type

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Lively

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Adamwest's Response to Tom Viala's Review

Written on: 06/12/2007

I agreee the the glass house has improved bur still no cigar,shaun hill <br/>is never there so whats the point it should stand on its own merit<br/><br/>