Written on: 12/11/2007 by JasonNichols14 (1 review written)
* Graphics are great and there has been a large amount of detail put into bringing alive the environment.
* If you shoot a barrel it will explode
*The weapons are realistic.
* The missions are great and interesting
* The controls are very useful and easy to use and remember.
* The system of you do not have a health bar is good. You can only die if you take to many bullets at one time. If you near dying, your characters breathing can be heard, the screen tinges a red colour and you can hear your heartbeat.
* Quotes about war from famous people if you die.
* There are small things, like at the end of the 3rd level, Night Drop, when the bridge gets destroyed, you can still see the light hanging up where the bridge was. Also when you shoot a light, it doesn't blow up.
* Seeing as how the game is about the Liberation of Normandy, it would have been good if they had added landing at Omaha Beach or even invading one of the British beaches (Sword or Gold).
Call of Duty 3 is the end of an era. It is the final Call of Duty Game to be released on the PS2/XBOX. Now Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is taking over, leaving World War II behind, as well as upgrading all future games to exclusively the PS3, XBOX 360, and PC. But it is a great tribute to the World War II saga of Call of Duty and is a great game.
The game is all about the liberation of Normandy, and basically revolves around the "Falaise Gap", where the British, Canadian and Polish advanced eastwards, and the Americans pushed South-east. The German controlled territory in the center was the Gap. It saw the most ferocious fighting of the last great war. The Germans are trying to get everything they can (tanks, Infantry) out of the Gap before the Allies seal it.
There is a great storyline and is a re playable game which I thoroughly enjoyed and still do. The Game allows you to play as four different characters, each from a different army;
- Private Nichols of the American 29th Infantry division
- Sergeant Doyle of the SAS
- Private Cole of the Canadian Army
- Private Bohater of the Polish Armoured division.
As Nichols, you play amongst an American squad in various towns and countrysides.
As Doyle, you are dropped by C-47 transporter into France (German territory) after D-day with Corporal Keith, a racist scottish SAS soldier and Major Gerald Ingram, an experienced, kind english chap. You fight with the Maquis; the famous french resistance in a number of sabotage missions.
As Cole, you take the Falaise ridge and fuel depot from the Germans with the famous Lieutenant Robbichaud, a French-Canadian who hates cowards, take the liaison river, and take St. Lambert.
As Bohater, you chase and kill the infamous Richter tank, the Black Baron, and defend the famous Mount Ormel from one of the largest German counter-attack sin WWII.
This is a truely wonderful game.
Once you finished each mission you unlock bonus features. These are pictures and information on Axis and Allied weapons, vehicles, mission screen-art, and characters in the storyline.
As you finished the game, you unlock three interviews with WWII veterans; a Polish tank gunner, an American Infantryman/tank target spotter, and a British infantrymen.
I give this game a 9/10.
" Great Game " Read More
" One of the best KH games out there. " Read More
Written by CaityHeart
" Fantastic game, worth playing " Read More
Written by CaityHeart
" Thanks Rockstar Games......!!!! " Read More
Written by Alex_Haley
" DYdtdYrfuHPWxd " Read More