Sun Country Airlines Review

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

jsub2002's review of Sun Country Airlines

☆☆☆☆☆

“As long as there is any other airline you can fly...”

Written on: 08/11/2007 by jsub2002 (1 review written)

Sun Country has good propaganda about having "good customer service"--although nothing can be further from reality

-Spent 12 hours on hold/speaking with customer service rep's to rebook ticket after Hurricane Dean-Was cursed out by a "supervisor"I was charged $250 in unauthorized charges to a credit card that I had never given them (despite their promises that their "hurricane policy" would give me equal exchange of tickets for re booking by August 31st)-Did not stand by their "hurricane policy"-Sun Country probably would have flown me into the hurricane (despite warnings from the Mexican and American governments) if I had not been aware of hurricane and canceled the flight myself

General Comments
As long as there is any other airline you can fly with, there is no reason to fly with Sun Country.

• 08/07

Flight Date

• Minneapolis-Cancun

Flight From - To

• Economy

Ticket class

Vilma's Response to jsub2002's Review

Written on: 02/09/2008

my husband and I booked a flight on Sun Country in January to travel with our two young grandchildren from DFW to Anchorage to visit our son, three days before our departure, they called to say that our return flight has been canceled and that we will have to spend another day in Anchorage or overnight in MN or we can have a full refund, we went ahead and accepted choice number 2. Our flight was to leave DFW with a stop in MN not changing planes, when the flight got to MN we were told that there was a change and the flight was going to Las Vegas and we were to go to another gate to catch our plane for Anchorage, they would transfer our luggage. To make this short when we got to Anchorage my luggage was not on the flight, they did not have a gate agent, after going around we found out that Delta was their agent there and I was given a number to call, I spent ten days in Anchorage and I had to call their corporate office to get some one from baggage claim to return my call. As of today they have not found my luggage, the only explanation I could get from them is that luggage tags comes off quite often and sometimes the luggage is sent to the airline who's hub is that location. August 15 I was sent a check for $544 stating that they don't think they will ever find my luggage. What they don't seem to understand is that no amount of money can replace the valuable that was in my suitcase like a framed newspaper article of my son's highschool football accomplishments or the scrapbook that I made of my grandchildren with pictures that cannot be replaced, also they stress that I went through that put a damper on my vacation because I was limited to where I could go and was not able to go on some of the tours my son had planned for us because I needed heavy clothing since it was still cold. I suggested to them to also give me a ticket so I can return to Alaska to at least visit the glacier tour but they never responded to my letter. Their poor customer service and the way the loss of my luggage was handled has not left a good taste in my mouth. However, I have not given up the hope that one day my suitcase will be found because of it's uniqueness that will cause it to stand out if they list it accurately system wide.