Acer TravelMate 5520 Review

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

matt73's review of Acer TravelMate 5520

Acer TravelMate 5520

“The Acer TravelMate 5520 is the only laptop I could...”

Written on: 06/11/2007 by matt73 (11 reviews written)

Extensive list of features for price.

Battery life a little low.

General Comments
The Acer TravelMate 5520 is the only laptop I could find with all the features I needed/wanted at a very reasonable price (£529). Every other laptop (for the same price or more in some cases) was always missing something.

It has a dual core 1.9 GHz processor, 2 Gig of RAM, 4 USB ports, DVI port, Webcam, 160 Gig hard drive, Blue tooth 2.0, 15.4 inch screen, wireless, independent ATI graphics card, Firewire, 5 in 1 card reader and a multi layer DVD rewriter just to name the important parts.

It seems to be impossible to find a laptop with all this on at this price (unless I've seriously missed something)

If I had to complain about something and I mean be really picky then the battery life could do with being a little longer. It seems to last for about 2 hours but I do run a lot of applications!!

I would also prefer XP pro but change is inevitable and Vista isn't going to go away; it just takes some getting use to!

All in all I would definitely recommend this laptop because of the features verses price combination.

• Between 1 - 4 Weeks

Time Laptop Owned

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Matt73's Response to matt73's Review

Written on: 18/09/2008

After purchasing this good spec laptop for the money I was quite pleased with what I had bought. Then it went wrong. Acer has now had my laptop for 6 weeks. They apparently fixed it and sent it back to me for me to find the exact same fault still present, so I had so I had to return it and now haven ' t heard anything from them. I keep phoning and all the uninterested call handlers say is ' waiting for parts '. After this sort service I would not touch an Acer product ever again!