Palm TX Handheld Review

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

rouzbeh's review of Palm TX Handheld

Palm TX Handheld

“I own a Palm TX and I have been using it for almost 8...”

Written on: 02/11/2007 by rouzbeh (2 reviews written)

- It is very stable. It does not crash like windows based PDAs.
- Nicely integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Large and bright screen
- Solid battery life
- Great music and video playback
- Beautiful and sleek, compact design
- Fast internet browsing
- Thin and handy
- Alot of free applications available on the net
- Solid design
- Very easy and nice synchronization with PC.

- The battery is not replaceable by an average user
- No microphone
- The installed software is not enough.

General Comments
I own a Palm TX and I have been using it for almost 8 months by now. I use it quite regularly everyday for organizing my stuff and sometimes playing a small game or reading news and ebooks. I can easily connect it to my PC at home and also at work to synchronize my documents.

I've tried quite a few handful of PDAs and the Palm OS is the way to go. Sure Dell has something like this but it is bulkier and built with the unreliable windows sytem. Sure the battery does die rather quickly but what do you expect with a product with wifi enabled, an external speaker and video capabilities? Just would be nice if they let you easily remove the battery for replacement.

Though there is a way around this and there are devices that will charge your items via USB. For about $15 you can buy a USB battery Extender and plug in Four AA batteries and then charge your Palm TX back up. So that is an alternative to that problem. Just like the iPod I am sure you can also replace the internal battery as well so I don't find this that big of an issue.

I've been successful in converting and watching a movie (isn't dvd quality but not bad for the size downsampled to 200KBPS to 300KBPS) on this but you definitely don't want to use the built in feature because it is extremely slow so get a Transcend 80x Secure Digital Card, USB 2.0 Card Reader (If your system supports 2.0), and visit "The Core Pocket Media Player" website and become enlightened. This is the fastest way to do it. I converted a 20 minute video in about 4 minutes and transfered it on to the SD card in about 30 seconds roughly. Only COMPLAINT is sometimes you may hear some static which disappears when playing music, videos, or games but if you just have your headphones plugged in you will hear this faint static noise which could be just electronic interference or I just have good ears. Again something that doesn't have much weight to not to like this TX.

• Screen Quality