Dunlop & Donnay 65i Review

auxradar's review of Dunlop & Donnay 65i

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

“I bought these clubs as a starter set for pennies from...”

Written on: 28/10/2007 by auxradar (3 reviews written)

Good starter club not long but accurate will teach you to hit the sweetspot which brings me onto the bad points very cheap

Not very forgiving shafts too long for club range 7 iron in particular

General Comments
I bought these clubs as a starter set for pennies from sports world. They were very good for hacking my way round the golf course and I've had them until now where I'm a handicap of 15. I didn't like the driver from the offset so splashed out and bought myself a Cobra 454 and have since went on to a Callaway ft 3 which is on offer at the moment at a reputable US based British golf site ( I don't want to advertise) back to the clubs. As a beginner club they will show you no mercy and you must improve to use them properly (book a golf lesson and concentrate on the irons) but they do hit the ball straight (natural fade for me) and the trajectory is good balancing length and accuracy. Now I'm much improved I'm noticing the negative aspects more and have passed them on to a pal for some beer tokens. I'm using Callaway X 12's now and i appreciate the difference. In short they are a good club and have felt a good club for the last few years now I'm improved they feel like a cheap club which indeed they are but they served me well. Apart from the 7 iron which had a totally wrong setup.