Tesco Men's Jeans Review

joeyruss's review of Tesco Men's Jeans

Tesco Men's Jeans

“I guess most of us, at some point in our lives would...”

Written on: 28/10/2007 by joeyruss (15 reviews written)

Price.
Quality.

Ethical?

General Comments
I guess most of us, at some point in our lives would not be seen dead in anything other than designer clothes, whether we could afford them or not. "Be seen and be approved" .. this is all that mattered.

The very thought of mass produced supermarket jeans would have us reeling in horror.

Well, think again .. supermarket clothes have come a long way.

While shopping for food in my local Tesco recently, I had enough time on my hands to browse through the clothes section. I have to say, there were some pretty stylish clothes on display, albeit with labels that maybe you wouldn't want to be seen wearing on a Saturday night out. OK .. let's be honest, have most of us got £70 - £100 to spend on a pair of jeans simply to ensure acceptance from our friends? What about those times when you're NOT out on the town and just lazing around the house?

With this in mind I picked up a pair of decent looking jeans which were priced at £6. Surely this must be a sale .. £6?? No, it wasn't a sale, this was the regular price. They looked good, felt good, the colour was right, the back pockets didn't have the little red label attached, but who cares? I only intended wearing these around the house.

I expected them to shrink in the first wash, or at the very least, become paper thin after a few washes. It didn't really matter .. these jeans cost little more than a packet of cigarettes!

Well, I was wrong. These jeans are GREAT!! After two weeks I bought another two pairs. The fit is fantastic, they look good, they do not shrink, even though I tumble dry them. They do NOT become paper thin, but they DO fade nicely after several washes.

I wear them on work dress down days, when I go shopping and around the house. Believe me, there was a time when I would only buy Levi, and even Levi are not what they used to be, as the material has become flimsy and all you're paying for is the little red label.

Wake up and save yourself some money. For those of us who are not teenagers or twenty something, who insist on wearing only the most expensive, "acceptable" designer wear, there are alternatives out there. GOOD alternatives.

Ethical? Well, OK, I have to admit, I don't know. Business is business, and I can't imagine shops being able to offer good quality clothes for such ridiculously low prices while paying a fortune to British workers. One has to consider where they are being made and how much is being paid to the workers. This is a concern. Maybe I'm a bit of a hypocrite in paying a premium for coffee to ensure third world farmers are being paid extra but then purchase clothes for next to nothing and not considering who makes them. This is something for you to decide, but please let it be the only reason you wouldn't purchase them .. the quality is a hundred times better than you would expect for such a low price and they look good too :-)