Canon AE-1 Review

• Photograph Quality

mikmap's review of Canon AE-1

“I LOVE my Canon AE-1. My father gave it to me for my...”

Written on: 26/08/2003 by mikmap (1 review written)

none

General Comments
I LOVE my Canon AE-1. My father gave it to me for my high school graduation (1987)and it has taken thousand's if not a million pictures from my graduation, thru college, graduation again, marriage and the birth of my two children (and everything in between)(2003). I have had it cleaned thoroughly 2 times in it's life, once due to my own carelessness. I didn't notice the bottom panel was loose and I put it down in the sand and sand got up into the mechanism. I had it cleaned and it was like brand new. It takes sharp pictures and is extremely sturdy and reliable. I am searching for a camera that I will be equally as pleased with with the manual settings and the auto settings. Any suggestions?

Martamr's Response to mikmap's Review

Written on: 14/08/2005

Hi my parents have got the exact same camera since 1988, which they brought from america but they have broken the flash and cannot find a compatible one for it because it is so old. It takes brilliant photos as you said but without the flash they cannot use it as often as they would like to. Can anyone help me find one or at least tell me which flash is compatible with the camera?
<br>Thanks, Marta.

Photoman's Response to mikmap's Review

Written on: 06/12/2005

I reply to the comment by martaMR on the 14th of August 2005
<br>
<br>Hi, Marta.
<br>
<br>Canon AE-1 can be used not only with original flash. It can be used with almost every hot shoe flash. In most of the photo accessory stores they are selling manual and even automatic flashes for less than $50.
<br>Most of these flashes are not from known brands, but they serve well.
<br>For my old cameras I bought a few of these flashes and they give outstanding results.