Logun Axsor karbine .22 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Bebbo's review of Logun Axsor karbine .22

“I've only had this gun a week but decided to place a...”

Written on: 03/10/2007 by Bebbo (6 reviews written)

Walnut Stock - looks great
Accurate
Shot capacity - I've had 80 with more available in .22

Bolt kicks our of position quite easily
Mag does not index smoothly on occasions

General Comments
I've only had this gun a week but decided to place a review on my experiences to date. I'll start with my issues (i say MY issues as I'm not sure they are gun related!)

The cocking action takes a bit of getting used to (I was probably rushing the action initially), but i've found that if you are steady and deliberate in what you do this improves.

One other observation is that the magazine does not always index correctly. This mag needs to "nudged" along and can be reached by the left hand thumb (on a right handed stock) relatively easily.

It also seems too easy to knock the bolt out of position when stalking and i am concerned that this could cause the mag to index again and inadvertently load another pellet. This may be due to my inexperience with bolt action PCP's. I will work on/adjust my holding position and see how i get on.

On the positive side I've had 4 sessions with the gun now, 3 for zero/practice and familiarisation and 1 hunting. I found i was soon putting 1 1/4" groups together at 30 yds and coming from a former springer owner i was very impressed and I'm sure there's room for improvement. The stock and overall look's of the gun are superb. The safety is in a good position and easy to use. The multi shot magazine and the low noise levels have already presented me with opportunities that are not always there when hunting with a springer.

In summary to-date i have only put 300 ish pellets through the gun and i am in my "honeymoon" period with it, but I'm very happy with my purchase. So far, so good. My rating's are from my experience so far and my change with time.

If anyone has any advice on my issues listed above i would appreciate your advice.

Cheers

Bebbo

• Accuracy

• Handling

Bebbo's Response to Bebbo's Review

Written on: 18/10/2007

UPDATE:
<br/>Cocking action now perfected and the indexing problem has gone away! I'm now using .22 (5.5mm) Daystate @15.9g and they work really well.
<br/>1/2 " groups @ 30 yards and just hitting polo's @ 50yds on the range ( 3 times out of 8 shots).
<br/>Gun the same, I'm improving!

Bebbo's Response to Bebbo's Review

Written on: 18/10/2007

Handling should now read 9.