Lockwoods Ski Shop, Leamington Spa Review

TheGreatSandaledOne's review of Lockwoods Ski Shop, Leamington Spa

“Being semi local to this shop and a keen skiier I have...”

Written on: 20/09/2007 by TheGreatSandaledOne (30 reviews written)

Experienced and knowledgeable team
Great range of products
After sales care
Great Attitude and Friendly approach

Prices can be high
Opening times can be different to normal shops, don't go on spec.

General Comments
Being semi local to this shop and a keen skiier I have to say that these guys are possibly the most experienced and approachable team of people I have ever dealt with face to face. And not just for skiing stuff but for other outdoor pursuits. The store is a bit out of the way but then again the sorts of things that you would be shopping for would often warrant a specific journey!

The ski tech guys in the back of the store really know their stuff. As good skiiers themselves they offer honest advice with experience to back it up! Before buying my Skis on Ebay I approached one of the guys and he quizzed me about my build ability etc and eventually gave me a few options of what to buy. I will point out that 2 of these products were not that which they had in stock and he did not try to push me onto stuff they did have!

I trust these guys and would recommend anyone wanting to get some expert advice on any number of serious outdoor pursuits/ equipment/ perhaps even technique if they have the time then go in and talk to them. They carry a huge range of products for all sorts, if it can't be found in there you'll have to shop around! The only downside to this is that the products in some cases, not all, but some can be expensive. I don't mind paying a little more for the piece of mind i have that I have got the right product, fitted where it warrants it.