Salomon X-Wing Tornado Review

TheGreatSandaledOne's review of Salomon X-Wing Tornado

“I was lucky enough to get my Tornadoes on sale from a...”

Written on: 18/09/2007 by TheGreatSandaledOne (30 reviews written)

Quality build (as with anything Salomon)
Sharp turn radius
Firm but flexible
Great ski for the powerful intermediate skiier to advance on

Costly but not a downside really as they're an investment

General Comments
I was lucky enough to get my Tornadoes on sale from a ski shop on Ebay paying around £300 rather than the full price in the region of £550-600. These were complete with the Salomon Z12 binding.

The ski itself in a solid piece of kit with all the hallmarks of Salomon quality. They are truly awesome to ski on. Though mostly an on piste carving ski, they're perfectly capable off piste where the riders ability is present.

I've not felt as confident on another pair of skis, though these are my first pair of owned skis, those I have borrowed or rented have paled in comparison.

The sharp turning radius and stiff(ish) edges allowed me to progress my technique carving no end and have opened up a whole new feel for skiing at speed and on the steep.

If, like me, you're a 'powerful' skiier with a well built frame (6 ft, 85kg's, powerful legs & core) who skis at an intermediate getting on for advanced level then these skis are well worth considering. They've truly helped me come on and I feel more confident to throw myself at anything the mountain has to offer. Except the park, I'm keen but these skis aren't right for the park!

Thegreatsandaledone's Response to TheGreatSandaledOne's Review

Written on: 25/09/2007

Apologies, some information that I had forgotten to add:
<br/>
<br/>My skis are length; 170 (Cm) Sidecut (124mm/75mm/107mm) and have a turning radius of 14.5m
<br/>
<br/>The length chosen to suit my stature and ability, the sidecut makes these great on piste and capable off, and the turn raidus proves that they are going to turn very sharp in an carved turn.