Webley Patriot Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

wal1's review of Webley Patriot

“Everything about this rifle says "big" and "solid"....”

Written on: 15/09/2007 by wal1 (1 review written)

Build quality, looks, sledgehammer power.

Like any springer, it is a shooting technique-sensitive rifle.

General Comments
Everything about this rifle says "big" and "solid". I'm in the process of breaking mine in (got it 2 months ago), and have between 600-700 shots in. You get used to the cocking effort; it's not prohibitive if you're reasonably strong. Best accuracy so far comes with 31g Kodiak (634 fps), 26.5g Cro-Magnum (750 fps), and 24g Beeman Silver Arrow (about 810 fps). I've been having quite a time getting consistent groups, but I attribute that to shooting technique (it takes a LOT of practice), and the fact that it's still pretty new. I do wonder if the scope is mounted correctly. The above pellets have a similar trajectory out to about 20-25 yards, but that changes dramatically beyond that range. It takes time to know where a given pellet will be at a given range. If I can eventually put 5 shots inside an inch diameter circle at 25 yards consistently, I'll be satisfied. Anything it hits, it kills.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Vulcanator's Response to 311119_wal1's Review

Written on: 25/09/2007

Did you buy your rifle brand new? I'm curious if yours is one of the Turkish made rifles as I've heard that the finish on the Turkish made rifles is not as good as those made in the UK.
<br/>Would you care to comment on its finish as I'm considering buying one-thanks.