Dordogne, France Review

Anne M Novak's review of Dordogne, France

“I was really queasy about having booked this B&B after...”

Written on: 02/09/2007 by Anne M Novak (1 review written)

Gorgeously renovated and spacious accommodations, excellent location for exploring Les Eyzies, le Bugue, Sarlat and Lascaux. Well off the road, secluded, prettily landscaped and utterly tranquil. Ideal for stressed or adventurous adults who wish to enjoy the Dordogne area and come back to a splendid country setting with caring but never intrusive hosts. Delightful fellow guests, who were repeat customers. Ample breakfast with croissants, pastries, baguette, jams, sweet butter, cereals, fresh fruits, yoghurt's. Excellent coffee! Incomparable hosts.

Not suitable for children. Car essential, since there is no country transport system.

General Comments
I was really queasy about having booked this B&B after i read the review in this forum. We were most pleasantly surprised- the best hosts we encountered- during our three-week tour of the Dordogne-thoughtful, kind, well-informed and unfailingly hospitable, They plied us with pots of afternoon tea and invited us for after-dinner guest gatherings, during which the wine flowed freely, compliments of our host.

I asked to borrow an iron, and returned from breakfast to find it and a set-up board waiting in our large and beautiful room. Comfortable bed, good towels, terrific armoire.

The pool is attractively sited, with plenty of lounge chairs. We were offered to bring me a glass of white wine, and a complimentary bottle appeared before I could dry myself off--generosity itself. We were also welcome to enjoy our own picnic dinners either poolside or on the patio. An ice chest was provided, the ice packs changed daily., for any fragile pates or cheeses.

Auberge de la Loulie, which offers a stunning 29 euro 5-course menu of Perigordine specialties, is a 5-minute drive away.

We were truly well looked after--it was like staying with especially thoughtful friends-- Highly recommended.

• August, 2007

Date of stay

Ewshrewsbury's Response to Anne M Novak's Review

Written on: 14/04/2010

I found this review very helpful because it is accurate and truely reflects our own experience

Guest's Response to Anne M Novak's Review

Written on: 30/01/2012

what is the name of the B & B?