Garmin Streetpilot i3 Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

mancunius's review of Garmin Streetpilot i3

Garmin Streetpilot i3

“I bought a Garmin Streetpilot i3 in August 2006....”

Written on: 14/08/2007 by mancunius (1 review written)

Good, whilst it works.

Not updating the map information makes it useless.

General Comments
I bought a Garmin Streetpilot i3 in August 2006. Whilst it worked it was brilliant, but 6 months later it started nagging me about updating the map, which I ignored, since from year to year, not that much changes where I live. From then on it stopped "recognizing" the destinations I entered, making it practically useless. So to keep it working you have to pay $80 (USD) every year to update the map. Not a fact that was drawn to my attention anywhere, in the print nor by the seller.

• UK

Area Covered

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Kiyawhite's Response to mancunius's Review

Written on: 09/01/2008

I have the Streetpilot i3 and the version of City Navigator NT on my MicroSD card is v8 - v10 is the newest, about to be released (also known as City Navigator NT 2008). But although I operate the unit using older maps, I'm finding no problems - other than that some roads have changed.