RWS 34 Diana Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

OldDave's review of RWS 34 Diana

“I got the .22 caliber version, and boy howdy you know...”

Written on: 02/08/2007 by OldDave (10 reviews written)

Very nice fit and finish.
Good open sights.
Very accurate.
Excellent value.
Hard hitting!

A little heavy.
No recoil pad.
Arm gets tired from cocking.
Not a "rapid fire" rifle (see above).

General Comments
I got the .22 caliber version, and boy howdy you know when you've hit the target! It has excellent power and has reminded me what hold sensitivity means.

It takes some effort to cock so you wont be getting several shots off in rapid succession unless you're like Ahnold, but I'm good with that. My arm gets tired fairly quickly if I try to shoot several rounds too fast. This Model 34 hefts like a powder burner, and I think the addition of a sling would be advisable for any field treks.

I purchased the combo that came with an RWS scope from Airgun Depot for $225 and change. There are other webdealers that sell the same combo for the same price so if you have a preference for a different seller you should get the same price. The scope came with no info whatsoever where it was made so I think it was probably of questionable origin. It seems pretty cheap, and I did install it, but then took it off again. The open sights are good enough for distances out to 30 yards at least. I have yet to find the best pellets for it, and I have been using the Crosman pointed type exclusively for now with no problems.

If you buy this rifle I think you will be quite pleased, and I'm sure it will take most air rifle huntable game with no worries.

All in all, a quality rifle at a reasonable price that should last forever.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Dr Ralph's Response to OldDave's Review

Written on: 04/08/2007

Old Dave try the hollow point round nose pellets crosman has. They will add accuracy and distance.

Olddave's Response to OldDave's Review

Written on: 06/08/2007

Dr Ralph, I'll try them. I also want to try some RWS and Beeman pellets, I just have to take the time and get some ordered.