Techtronics Review

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Dr Wafu.'s review of Techtronics

☆☆☆☆☆

“It all started of very well, I travelled from...”

Written on: 26/07/2003 by Dr Wafu. (1 review written)

Sorry but no good points that anybody with my dealings with them could ever give.

After Sales is none existent as is
Customer Care, Do not pay by cash to this Company use a credit card!
Read their small print because it translates into Ha we have got your money so there and if you are lucky you might, just might get a working product for a while of us.

General Comments
It all started of very well, I travelled from Manchester in early Feb 2003 down to their Techtronics Lincolnshire depot, as I wanted to purchase the Panasonic DMR E30 DVD Recorder sooner rather than later and I did so with cash, oh what a mistake that was. It happened to be the cheapest by far, (Cue: - "you get what you pay for"), for a Multi-Region DVD-R Recorder and at the time was worth the travelling expenses. Well a month later it decides to come up with an irreparable fault, so after hearing that I have to pay for posting it back to them at a rather expensive price I decided to deliver it myself, I waited for an hour rather than travel back to Manchester to see if they could repair it, which they could not. They said that they would have to send it back off to Panasonic for repair... now the fun begins. After about a month of no correspondence off Techtronics I decided to ring them only to be told varying stories of its whereabouts. First its at Panasonic, then Techtronics say they are going to send me a new machine, then its being sent back to Panasonic for an "A" Class repair (whatever that meant I have no idea) They also continued their misinformation/lies by saying that they had informed me by email as to what was going on, which was impossible to believe as I have never give them my email address. Any how chopping out the middle of this tale, many phone calls later I finally get to hear that they have my DVD Recorder at Techtronics (Now the beginning of May) and are going to re-mod it (Multi-Region) and send it to me free off charge and with a full 12 month warranty of which I had to argue till I was blue in the face about.

So they have had my Writer since the beginning of March, at the beginning of May they say they will send it out as soon as its modded. Well time passed by :) so I rang them in the middle of July and asked the whereabouts of my DVD Recorder only to find out that it was sent out later in May... By Securicor who told Techtronics that they had left it too long to file a lost item against them... So it's now nearly August and I still haven't got my DVD Recorder back.

Well readers I will keep you informed on how my saga goes on, but in the mean time if this doesn't put you off buying from Techtronics then more fool you.

119958_Woofbark.'s Response to Dr Wafu.'s Review

Written on: 29/07/2003

thats bang out m8,, i hope u screw em for letting you down like that, how can these people be so cruel, they could be dealing with birthday presents or anything. u get what yer entitled to and nothing less,,, gl partner

122714_Rozeeboy.'s Response to Dr Wafu.'s Review

Written on: 14/08/2003

I 110% agree with you on this one. My machine has been back twice for repair and the second time (although it was the same fault as the first time) they said they could fail to replicate the problem, give us £40 for the privilage.
<br>
<br>I very rarely say that I hate a company, but this lot stink and are just out to make a quick quid. There is no back up service and what they offer is rude and uncooperative staff who just try to fob you off.
<br>
<br>Avoid like the plague as they are worse than the plague!!