Air Arms 410E Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

JGarza.'s review of Air Arms 410E

“This gun is the best value in the PCP catagory that...”

Written on: 26/07/2003 by JGarza. (1 review written)

7.5 lb - light/midweight PCP
314cc air reservoir capacity
10 shot easy to use detachable disc magazine
Built in shroud to muffle report
Great AA Walnut high cheek stock fit
Very nice 3 way adjustable 2 stage gold trigger
Smooth action allows rapid firing cycle
Extreme Accuracy with JSB and Kodiak pellets
Power Mod? (I was not told about this option from the outfit I bought this from so I cannot comment on how well it works - however if you read the other reviews and comments like I have you will understand how my stomach is churning for not owning one)
Very Reasonable Price - this gun offers so much for so little!!
Beefy quick connect fittings for refills
Great Balance for such a long rifle
Air pressure guage (my Falcon doesn't have one)

No safety
No way to decock this gun once you cock and load
Need a better last shot indicator
Need a larger magazine!
Need a larger capacity tank - utilize the stock area for additional air capacity

General Comments
This gun is the best value in the PCP catagory that I've seen in my opinion. I've used this rifle afield for about a year and have had the opportunity to compare it to a Daystate Harrier and a FX Tarantula. I found the design of the 410E is superior in function to these rifles although the wood and metal finishwork might be a bit better on the others. I'd like to check out the power mod but I'd have to send the gun in and chance a shipping disaster (my R9 was destroyed on delivery from UPS last year). I have learned alot from the other reviewers on this site and at first didn't want to repeat a review that said the same things as others but felt even at the expense of repeating what has already been said it helps a guy to see many datapoints showing a trend of how this gun is perceived. So instead of reading one guy saying something you can see 22 guys saying the same thing so you'll have more confidence in the data. Also why can't we build such a rifle with CNC technology here in the US?

• Accuracy

• Handling

119673_Mttr.'s Response to 118910_JGarza.'s Review

Written on: 28/07/2003

I've just put in my order for a new 410E with adjustable power from Pomona AG in Victorville. Nice guy and very informative. I spent considerable time talking to all the big dealers and went back and forth between this site and read every review about 5-6 times and then the summary a few fellow shoppers did in a comment buried way down one of the review threads. After a week of going over every word and remembering what I was told I opted to get the gun from Pomona. I'll get my gun sometime in the next week or so and can't wait to use it. Thanks to all the owners who commented and took the time to help the newcommers. I'm very grateful since if I didn't read all the owner comments from this site I'd have a gun without adjustable power and would have spent $50 more to boot after shipping and the higher quick connect costs. Gotta shop and save nowadays!!
<br>I think Steve (don't know his last name) was the nicest of all the ones I spoke on the phone with as well. One of the other dealers said he was a two bit one man operation working out of his house. I found out he has been in the business for over 25 years and gave me better answers than the other importer/dealers. I really like the little guy too who is out there to save me some $$ and give me the best quality and service. I do wish Steve would get some email though. Getting ahold of him by phone is a royal pain!
<br>Of course I am assuming the power mod is as good as everyone says it is. I can't comment on it cause I don't have it yet but I couldn't find anyone who had it who thought it wasn't worth getting. I'll post another comment after I get a chance to test it. If it sucks I'll be the first one to condemn it!

Ken's Response to 118910_JGarza.'s Review

Written on: 06/08/2003

You can decock it by holding the action out and pulling the trigger. It doesn't say so in the manual, but it works.

121148_Togayank.'s Response to 118910_JGarza.'s Review

Written on: 03/08/2003

Yes, we need to start making some quality FAC class airguns in the US!