NTL VS2002 Trio Review

Sony Fan's review of NTL VS2002 Trio

NTL VS2002 Trio

“The NTL VS2002 Trio Cordless Phone was the third...”

Written on: 18/07/2007 by Sony Fan (32 reviews written)

Price
3 handsets, only one of which requires a phone line.
Includes answer machine
Battery life

Baffling user interface
Broke after 18 months

General Comments
The NTL VS2002 Trio Cordless Phone was the third cordless phone that I've owned but also the worst.

I bought my VS2002 in January 2006 because I wanted a DECT phone with three handsets and this was the most reasonably priced at the time. It was easy to set up and use for basic phone calls, and the battery never died on me whilst I was making a phone call, unlike the previous two cordless phones that I've owned.

The reason that I wouldn't recommend one to anyone else is partly the fact that it broke after a year and a half but more importantly the fact that I found the answer phone so hard to use. The labeling on the buttons wasn't clear, the user interface is counter-intuitive and the instruction manual badly written. Even the simple task of playing back messages from callers was tiresome in its complexity and I completely gave up trying to reset date/time and the answer greeting each time the base had been disconnected from the mains.

I think the best way for me to sum-up the NTL VS2002 Trio Cordless Phone would be "cheap, but nasty"