Dansai 852 (Tesco) Review

Gr@y.'s review of Dansai 852 (Tesco)

Dansai 852 (Tesco)

“When I first got the Dansai 852 (Tesco) I was ”

Written on: 21/07/2003 by Gr@y. (1 review written)

Great Price

General Comments
When I first got the Dansai 852 (Tesco) I was

overjoyed for the budget price of £89.99 it plays anything I put in it :)

you can make it region free, and turn off the macrovision. This was to good to be true !

Now a year down the line I am not so sure :( its stop recognizing certain disks at random also when watching a movie the sound sometimes breaks up and the picture becomes pixalated making it impossible to watch a movie, very frustrating when you have been sat there for over an hour enjoying the movie :(

I suppose it my own fault for buying budget :(

Fizzwizz's Response to Gr@y.'s Review

Written on: 01/09/2003

This is not uncommon even on expensive units.
<br>
<br>Do you smoke? You would be surprised how nicotine can inhibit the laser. Either way I'd recommend cleaning the lens on the laser to see if that cures your ill.
<br>
<br>At this price you can afford to throw your unit away every year, so drop it in the bin and buy yourself a spanking new one.... makes more sense than paying mega money for "branded" boxes.