Webley Longbow Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Cognition's review of Webley Longbow

“Spend months researching and got lucky by getting my...”

Written on: 12/07/2007 by Cognition (90 reviews written)

Very nice design
Near perfect weight and balance
Carbine length

Poor general performance
Almost impossible to cock at first, although this becomes less of a problem over time

General Comments
Spend months researching and got lucky by getting my hands on an original model - I'm sure Longbow's are good rifles but mine was a dud ; I'm definitely not getting another Webley any time soon .

I'm very disappointed with mine ...

• Accuracy

• Handling

Cognition's Response to Cognition's Review

Written on: 13/07/2007

Ok , so maybe I should add a little bit more detail to this review as it didn't really go into much detail .
<br/>
<br/>The main reason for giving the Longbow such low marks is down to the performance . From a very stable prone position , the Longbow only gave groups the size of a paper target from 15 yards . I even dragged a chair out into the drive as a rest to make sure that this poor performance wasn't down to ' me ' but the pellets carried on landing at random locations ... on top of this , the spring made a horrible twang when firing , and this made the whole shooting experience even less enjoyable and all the more disappointing .
<br/>
<br/>Don't get me wrong , the Longbow is a nice piece of kit if it works , but it's too much hassle and will consume too much money to get right if it's broken . I'm selling it today ( hopefully ) to a local gun shop , to regain as much money as I can from this bad buy .
<br/>
<br/>So to conclude , I wasn't really fair in my review . I would recommend the Longbow , but only one of the old ones , and only if it works . You should test it before you buy , just to make sure - this wasn't an option for me though .
<br/>
<br/>Get one in good working order and they should be good rifles -
<br/>James.

Kevmar1's Response to Cognition's Review

Written on: 21/12/2008

I disagree with this review because...
<br/>I think you must have got a 'non brummy' longbow
<br/>my proper uk one is fantastic.