Premier Genista Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

hauimn2ggus's review of Premier Genista

Premier Genista

“I was happy to get my shell pack for $1600. Shortly...”

Written on: 10/07/2007 by hauimn2ggus (1 review written)

Great sounding tones from these shells. My first set made from Finland Burch. They sound great live and in the studio. The quality of finish on my set is excellent. I have the amber stain and always get ooo's and aahhh's while gigging. Love the fact that my base drum is not pierced by a huge piece of hardware holding up my toms. The suspension mount on the toms is great. Tough hardware, have been using it for 5 years now gigging 2-3 times a month.

No snare with my set... but I picked up a Pacific all maple snare and it is a great compliment to the set. As far as I know when I bought mine in 2002 they had stopped making the Genista set. I was told that the Genista was the last "set" made in England by Premier.

General Comments
I was happy to get my shell pack for $1600. Shortly after I bought mine each set I could find for sale was well over $2500. I plan to keep mine till I'm old and grey... show em off to the grandkids and remember "the good ol' days" when grandpa was in a Christian rock band... Check us out at http://www.rivensoul.com. You can hear my set of Genista's on our music tracks there!

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Intermediate

Reviewer's Musical Standard