MTM Special Ops Black Hawk Review

pete630's review of MTM Special Ops Black Hawk

MTM Special Ops Black Hawk

“Overall, the MTM Special Ops Black Hawk watch is a top...”

Written on: 05/07/2007 by pete630 (1 review written)

I bought my MTM Black Hawk Titanium, and I think that this is the best watch I've every owned. I have a Rolex Sea Dweller, and this watch is beefier than that. The watch keeps good time is light (titanium), resists scratching well, and the crystal has remained crystal clear in the 5 months that I have owned (abused) it. It comes with a nice box, and the screw adjustment system is very convenient. I get a lot of compliments on this watch, and people really notice the carbon fibre dial. Overall, it is a really cool watch. I purchased it with the metal bracelet in titanium, and I also bought the rubber strap and the nylon.

People constantly want to take it from me. Sometimes I have to check the screws for tightness; seems I may have to hit it with some Loctite. The black PVD plating can scratch. I'm not sure if MTM warranties this or not, and if there are replacement costs involved.

General Comments
Overall, the MTM Special Ops Black Hawk watch is a top class performer. I've worn the heck out of other watches, and this one has taken the abuse and asked for more. I really didn't think that a watch priced under a thousand could be this well constructed. Every part is built with jeweler perfection, and came flawlessly from MTM. The lighting mode is great, I can see it perfectly in mode 1 in the dark, and mode 2 is great for finding things in the dark or blinding an assailant. Also, I haven't charged my watch for 3 months now, and it's still running.

• Other

Type of Watch

Evangwatson's Response to pete630's Review

Written on: 06/02/2010

I found this review very helpful because...I need to be assured that this watch is durable. I'm concerned about the screws. I've read numerous reviews that the screws and braclet break.