Sharp GX1 Review

• Reception

• Style

munkyplop.'s review of Sharp GX1

Sharp GX1

“Ok. So I went into the O2 shop in April this year and...”

Written on: 16/07/2003 by munkyplop. (1 review written)

Shiny look, solid build, errrr not much else!

Dubious screen (lines appear vertically by random!), clunky unintuitive menu system, horrible ringing sound.

General Comments
Ok. So I went into the O2 shop in April this year and wanted a basic phone and off-peak tarriff. I was blown away to see a camera phone with a colour screen for free! So I took it.

3 months, several emails and many hours on the helpline later, O2 finally relented and offered me a new phone at no cost: a choice between a Nokia 7250 or 3650.

This was only after the last straw of spending two hours in the O2 shop last Saturday, 12th July, having my GX1 tested for why precisely it cannot send MMS properly, while it amusingly crashed 7 times. 2 hours. The O2 staff were powerless to help me. I left the shop (being kicked out at 5.45pm) having learnt that O2 shop staff are utterly powerless beyond flogging phones.

Bummer.

I got straight onto the blower and shouted, politely, but most aggrievously to the O2 lady. She said that in this "unusual" instance they would give me the choice of the 3650 or 7250, but only because of "a number of known issues with the GX1."

I'm happy now, but I had to work HARD to get my grief rewarded. Let's face it, both the 3650 and 7250 are very sweet replacements for such a let-down. I chose the former for its pseudo-PDAness. Very nice. But the 7250 is damn sexy....! What a decision....

So my advice for any poor fool like me who got a GX1? Complain. A lot. 02 and Sharp have made mistakes. You shouldn't have to pay for that yourself!

Peace.

• Reception

• Style

Norim's Response to 116259_munkyplop.'s Review

Written on: 04/08/2003

Ye you right, bought it too and i thik it was waste of money and i still can't return it, can't do nothing with that phone.