Beeman SS1000 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

mikthebik's review of Beeman SS1000

“Like the other reviewers with trigger issues, I found...”

Written on: 27/06/2007 by mikthebik (1 review written)

Nice handling and nice stock

Trigger!

General Comments
Like the other reviewers with trigger issues, I found it almost unusable because of the huge trigger pull required. I'd guess about 7-10 lbs. Despite the manual and adverts, the trigger is NOT adjustable. I found some relief by filing the sear shape to give less grip on the spring. It worked to some degree, but sometimes didn't hold the spring when cocked. I've worked it until it's finally dependable, but it wasn't worth the effort. I believe the problem is the trigger design itself. Looking at other designs online, it appears this simplistic design was made to save money. Too bad cause it's a nice handling Chinese rifle otherwise.

Time for a Gamo Big Cat 1200, now on sale at Big 5 for $129....

• Accuracy

• Handling

James Butler's Response to mikthebik's Review

Written on: 08/03/2008

Greetings;
Good luck with your "Big Cat " purchase. Tried two of them befor I gave up on them. Distroyed breach seals,noisy and viberated like a $30.00 Daisy red rider. Not very accurate and down on power(850-900fps lead. 1030-65fps pba's). Almost cured my Gamo lust until I tried a CFX and then a 440 hunter. Luck of the draw with Gamo's seems to be a factor and maybe Wallyworld got a bad batch.